Q. Is there any risk of overdose with rabies vaccine?

Dr. Kiran B

What are the initial and common symptoms of rabies? Is there any risk of overdose with rabies vaccines? I have taken 10 in four months.

#

First of all one rabies vaccine will give protection for around ten years, no need of revaccination if you get vaccinated once and later get bitten by a stray dog later in next ten years. For some unknown reason even if you are vaccinated more than once no problem since it is a protein subunit vaccine and side effects are limited. Initial symptoms of rabies are hydrophobia, disturbed sleep, agitation, and restlessness.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|