Q. I have redness on the penis foreskin with burning sensation. Please help.

Dr. Hari Pathave

I am a male 43-year-old. I have redness on the inside of the penis foreskin and burning sensation on a small part of the penis prepuce. I had a similar condition about four years back and consulted a skin specialist and got cured. I was recommended some medicine and Pyrimon eye drops for the problem. Again, I think a similar condition. I want to consult for treatment. Of late, I see some redness remains at a particular spot on the inside of the penis foreskin.

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatology Venereology
#

If possible provide me photographs of the affected areas which will help me for a better understanding of your skin problem and proper treatment plan.

| 

I am attaching a few pictures. I tried applying T Bact ointment for the last two days but no use. I had a similar condition about 4 years back and Pyrimon eye drops were prescribed by a doctor which really helped. Pyrimon is not available now. Please help.

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatology Venereology
#

Thank you for providing photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks fixed drug eruption or herpes genitalia. You can start tablet Acyclovir 400 mg TDS for five days, Flutibact cream apply at morning and night for seven days. You can do serum IgM and IgG for HSV1 and 2 viruses. Did you take some medicines in the last 10 days for any other reason? To rule out drug reactions. Review after seven days.

| 

I did not take any new medicine in the last 10 days, however, last time 4 years back I had taken some antibiotics and the doctor had at that time asked me to avoid Ofloxacin family of medicines suspecting reaction to it. I am currently having Febuget 40, Ursocol 150, Storvas 10 (Atrovastatin) for the last two months and I am supposed to continue for one more month. Sometimes, I take Montelukast for few days if I get any nasal allergy.

I shall start taking your prescribed medicines from tomorrow. I am not very much active sexually but recently used a new brand condom while sex with a spouse, that can also be a reason. Is the blood test necessary now due to the COVID situation or we can defer sometime? If it is necessary, I will get it done. I just wanted to know the urgency.

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatology Venereology
#

Drug reaction is more likely in your case. So, be vigilant about it. Yes, in view of the COVID condition. You can defer the blood test.

|