Q. Why do I have painful red spots and skin cracks on my penis?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I saw red spots, and skin crack on my penis head. Sometimes, it become painful. Urine open area is also painful and open like a lip.

#

You may be suffering from balanitis or pearly penile papules or sexually transmitted disease. If you have any sexual contact with an unknown person, then we can think of HPV warts (human papilloma virus) which comes under sexually transmitted diseases where you need investigation and start you on antiviral and surgical removal of the wart.

If you had sex with a known person, maybe you would have caught simple infection and that can be treated. If it is due to condom allergy, balanitis inflammation due to painful sex, simple antibiotics and anti-inflammatory will help you.

Another condition is pearly penile papules where there is no need to worry about infection. Sometimes it will heal on its own, or you need to meet a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis for its removal.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have further doubts, I would be happy to help you.

|