Q. I am rhesus positive and my husband is negative. Is it advisable to get pregnant?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I and my partner are trying to get pregnant and he is a rhesus negative O and I am an O. Is there any possibility of getting pregnant or not?

Do you have a question on Rh Negative or Pregnancy?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Nadia Khan

M.B.B.S
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Yes, there are high chances of getting pregnant but you must seek medical attention before getting pregnant to optimize your general health up to maximum so that if you end up with a healthy conception and rhesus negative is important if the mother is negative and husband is positive but in your case it is opposite. So, in my opinion, it will not hinder your chances of getting pregnant.

Pregnancy test had two mildly visible lines, but it is now negative.
Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex six weeks ago and my period was late for two weeks. I used the first PT when my period was five days late and it has two lines but it is not that visible. After three days, I tried again and it is already negative. Up to the two-weeks late period, all PT are negat...  Read Full >>
Dr. Natalie Chaitan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An initially positive pregnancy test that later becomes negative can happen with very early miscarriages. Such miscarriages can occur with little or no initial blood loss. These are termed chemical pregnancies, as they are lost before they attach to the womb and before...  Read Full

Negative Blood Group and Pregnancy Rh Incompatibility
Article Overview: This article gives a brief knowledge about Rh negative blood group and pregnancy complications, and preventions in simple terms.  Read Article
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

What Is Rh Factor? There are mainly four blood groups, namely A, B, O, and AB. There is a subtype of each as positive and negative blood groups, namely A +ve, A -ve, B +ve, B -ve, etc. The subtype gets decided by the Rh factor (rhesus), an antigen present on the red blood cells. When it is present, ...  Read Article

Am i pregnant if the pregnancy test is negative?
Query: Hello doctor, I had my last period on the 1st of last month. I did not have sex until the 33rd day (it was protected sex) of my cycle. Now, I have not yet had my periods. It is the 39th day and I took a pregnancy test on the 38th day and it came out to be negative. I do not know what to do. I did ha...  Read Full >>
Dr. Deepika Joshi Khare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you had sex on the 33rd day, then the test will not come positive so early even if you have conceived. It takes around two weeks to come positive.Although the chances are very less, you should rule out pregnancy. Do a test around 47th day. Amenorrhea can be because ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now