Q. How to treat scabies?

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

I am suffering from scabies. Please help.

#

Scabies is a contagious skin condition. Treatment for scabies is Permethrin cream. Can you please provide more information, and if possible, send a picture of the rash?

Have you been diagnosed to have scabies by a doctor? Are you on any treatment for that? When do you have this? Do you have any pets at home? Does anyone at home have an itchy rash?

I have scratches on my penis, arms, legs, and testes.

#

Scabies can cause itchy rashes in the hands' web spaces, in the armpits, on the tummy, and groin. But there are other conditions that can cause similar itchy rashes. Hence it is necessary to see the rash in person or through clear pictures to diagnose. That is why I requested you to send pictures.

Before I suggest your medications, please send pictures and answer the questions that I asked before.

If it is scabies, close contacts and family members have to be treated as it is very much contagious.

|