Q. Other than masturbation, how to collect sperm for semen analysis?

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B
Published on Jun 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am in a need to provide a sample for sperm analysis. I could ejaculate during sex. But, when I try to provide sperm for analysis by masturbation, I failed. Can I provide home sample? Is there any other way available for this like vibrator? Please suggest.

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• You can collect the sperm sample at home and should reach the laboratory within 45 minutes.
  • You can try during intercourse and collect it in a bottle when you are about to ejaculate. But, that can contaminate and show signs of infection.
  • Vibrators are available, but need assistance.
  • If you are suffering from erection problem, then medicines can be taken.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Are there abnormalities in my semen analysis reports?

Query: Hello doctor, Please find my semen analysis results attached. Are there any abnormalities? And, if so, what is the treatment to be done?  Read Full »

I feel that my erectile dysfunction is due to excessive masturbation. Is it so?

Query: Hi doctor, I am very sad that my penis is not properly erecting, and my penis is getting small when not erect. I feel shy in front of my girlfriend. I think I have erectile dysfunction. I masturbate a lot, and my penis is large when erect, but small when not. From 6 to 7 months, I am ejaculating ear...  Read Full »

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now