Q. How to overcome sex addiction?

Dr. Shazia Anjum
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 17, 2020

I am a sex addict. How to overcome this? I do lots of sexual activities on a daily basis, which gives me pleasure and I get tired soon because of that. Please help.

#

• I read your complaint, but the history is not enough to tell you any suggestion. So, I would like to ask you a few questions, so that I can decide whether you need any treatment or not.
  • What kind of sexual activities you are doing? How many times in a day you do that?
  • If you do not do that, then what kind of problem you face? Do you have any kind of exposure to sexual workers or drug addiction?
  • Do you have a habit of repeating activities like cleaning hands, excessive lock checking, etc?
  • Please answer these questions, so that we can go ahead to the next step as soon as possible.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

I masturbate by thinking something or looking at pictures or in different poses using different things. I do masturbate frequently till I get pleasure. I am doing this daily for multiple times at home and office. I keep looking at woman's lips when they talk to me and get aroused. I get frustrated if not done and feel very low. I rarely go to sex workers and mostly I do go to the massage parlor. I have not consulted anyone till date. I do not understand the point of repeated activity. Please explain.

#

• Cleaning of hands means, whether you repetitively keep on cleaning your hands, even if they are clean and about lock checking means repeatedly lock checking even if you have locked, etc.
  • The symptoms you are telling is a sexual addiction, which you need a treatment. It will take approximately 9 months to 18 months for the full course of treatment.
  • As you have exposure to sex workers too, I want you to get some tests done as you are at a risk of a few viral infections due to such exposure.
  • The tests I suggest are hepatitis B, hepatitis C, HIV and all by ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay).
  • I suggest you tablet Fluvoxamine 50 mg at night time. Gradually over the time we will increase the power of medicine till we get a full response. It will take approximately three weeks to realize the response to treatment.
  • Initially, you can have mild nausea or diarrhea. But, within a few days it will fade and you do not need to be worried about the same. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back after three weeks to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|