Fluvoxamine

Kindly suggest ways to overcome sex addiction.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a sex addict. How to overcome this? I do lots of sexual activities on a daily basis, which gives me pleasure and I get tired soon because of that. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Family Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaint, but the history is not enough to tell you any suggestion. So, I would like to ask you a few questions, so that I can decide whether you need any treatment or not. What kind of sexual activities you are doing? How many times in a day you do that? ...  Read Full »

Can Cymbalta be used for symptoms of OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old man. I have been experiencing panic disorder, OCD symptoms and excessive levels of anxiety. In the last few months, major changes in my life have happened. For instance; quitting my job and moving to another city triggered my anxiety symptoms. I usually feel drowned in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for describing your query in detail. To start with, you might be absolutely right in saying that the current increase in your anxiety and associated feelings could be secondary to the change of place. Change of residence and workplace is always an anxiety-provok...  Read Full »

Why do I always feel like falling over a cliff?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not sure, but it feels like I am falling over the cliff. I live in an apartment on high floor and sometimes I am frozen and cannot move an inch feeling as if I move, I will fall out my window. Although, I am not falling in this moment, I freeze stop and cannot move. This follows...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for taking the help from a psychiatrist. I am not able to get your point properly, but it seems you are suffering from major depressive disorder with a phobia. There is non-pharmacological management for it. You should try to follow the below guidelines to...  Read Full »

Can OCD cause repeated image popping in mind?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am scared of turning into a gay or homosexual. In the past, I had senseless and intrusive images popping in my head that I am kissing a guy whenever I used to be with my male friends. I never felt an attraction towards any guy. It happened six years before, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After analyzing your current complaint and taking into consideration your previous history, I am of the opinion that your current symptom is also a symptom of Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). An obsession is an automatic, repetitive, intrusive and senseless thought...  Read Full »

Fluvoxin and Dicorate for psychiatric treatment is causing weight gain. Can it be replaced by counseling?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42 year old female. I have a 12-year-old son. My husband is 44 years old and is a heart patient who has undergone a CABG 10 years back. My husband is such a nice support and love to me. My son is very smart and vibrant I try my best to be happy with them. But I fail desperately...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have clear depressive symptoms. It happens due to reduced levels of certain neurotransmitters such as serotonin which reduce the stress handling capacity of the brain. Medicines help to replace chemical deficiency and correct the imbalance. Counseling will on au...  Read Full »

Will Fluvoxamine for OCD cause disturbed sleep and scary vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with OCD. My doctor also briefly talked to me about schizotypal personality disorder. I am currently taking Fluvoxamine 200 mg at night, Risperidone 2 mg at night, and Modafinil 100 mg in the morning. It has been well controlled for more than four months no...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are experiencing is called hypnogogic hallucinations which occur normally when sleeping sometimes, but in your case, it is due to the Modafinil. It is known to interfere with sleep and also cause hallucinations. Also, the metabolism will be slowed by Fluvoxa...  Read Full »

Can 50 mg Fluvoxamine be given to a patient with anxiety and OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, For someone suffering from anxiety, ocd intrusive thoughts. This person was on 5 mg of Cipralex for quite a few years, then about 8 months began a change of medicines, about 6-7 in this time. Finally this person was given 25 mg Fluvoxamine. First 4 days everything was fine. Then a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. As you have mentioned that the patient is feeling better with this medication, I would suggest you to continue 50 mg Fluvoxamine for atleast another 2 to 4 days and see if they feel okay. Fluvoxamine has a sedative effect and that is wh...  Read Full »

I am on depressive medications and do not feel like going to work. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Fluvoxin 100 mg, Oxetol 450 mg and Quetiapine 100 mg for depression and OCD for five years. My problem is I am not regular to work as I do not feel to go to work. I feel like this only in the morning. I want to be in the bed. I do not feel it is because only of slee...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that your depressive symptoms are bothering you. It may be helpful to increase the dose of Fluvoxin (Fluvoxamine) and reduce the dose of quetiapine, so discuss with your psychiatrist for increasing the doses of antidepressant Fluvoxin. Do regular exercise, or g...  Read Full »

How to treat anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms is concise and specific, which makes it easy to diagnose your condition. Mental illnesses are broadly classified into neurosis and psychosis. In neurosis, a person does not lose contact with reality and understands that he has a mental iss...  Read Full »

How can a person with OCD and an intense fear of sleep fall asleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with OCD. My OCD comes in the form of intense fear of sleep for the past five years, but it has gotten worse within the past couple of months. I am afraid the moment sleep comes, I fight this feeling until I am exhausted. How can I make peace with falling asleep a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will start with the pharmacological part. You can discuss with your treating doctor regarding increasing the dose of Clomipramine, not only will it help with sleep but also in decreasing the obsessions. You can also discuss regarding substituting it with Fluvoxamin...  Read Full »