Fluvoxamine

How to treat anxiety?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from anxiety. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your description of symptoms is concise and specific, which makes it easy to diagnose your condition. Mental illnesses are broadly classified into neurosis and psychosis. In neurosis, a person does not lose contact with reality and understands that he has a mental iss...  Read Full »

How can a person with OCD and an intense fear of sleep fall asleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with OCD. My OCD comes in the form of intense fear of sleep for the past five years, but it has gotten worse within the past couple of months. I am afraid the moment sleep comes, I fight this feeling until I am exhausted. How can I make peace with falling asleep a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will start with the pharmacological part. You can discuss with your treating doctor regarding increasing the dose of Clomipramine, not only will it help with sleep but also in decreasing the obsessions. You can also discuss regarding substituting it with Fluvoxamin...  Read Full »

Does Fluvoxamine cause lethargy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Fluvoxamine 100 mg CR for the last two months for health anxiety issues. Thoughts are controlled and sleep is fine. The mood is generally fine. But feeling very tired and lethargic a lot. Want to know if this is the effect of Fluvoxamine and if the change of SSRI will h...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you are right, Fluvoxamine has a side effect of increased sedation. Because of sedation person feels lethargy. You can do this thing that if Fluvoxamine is causing sedation, you can shift the medicine to night time, just before sleeping. This would sort out your...  Read Full »

Is there any permanent cure for my unwanted thoughts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am keep on getting unwanted thoughts and feelings related to the environment around in the vicinity. I am getting images of god, food items, fecal matter, song lyrics, animal skin feeling sensation, etc. There are countless examples. I am getting some racing feeling while resisting my t...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. The intrusive thoughts and ideas you have mentioned are related to obsessive thoughts and should be evaluated properly. Obsessions are repetitive, unwanted, intrusive, repugnant, dominating ideas, impulses or thoughts that are purposeless an...  Read Full »

Can my depression and OCD be cured with just medications?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male working as an engineer. Regarding my mental state, I feel lethargic and sleepy all day. I do not have the interest to do anything in life. Even if I start something, I am easily bored. I am always in a hurry. I have rapid mood swings. I cannot concentrate while...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The kind of thoughts that you describe and the fact that they keep coming repetitively is diagnostic of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Your complaints of weakness, mood swings, anger, and a loss of interest in doing things is typical of depression. So, your do...  Read Full »

Lately, I am unable to think and talk clearly. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have had speech difficulties since I was a kid. Now, it has progressed, and it is hard to say what I am thinking. I tend to have slow speech and thinking. Of late, it has been getting worse. I have to carefully think of what to say when I talk. I feel like ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I do not think it is Asperger syndrome. You are facing progressive difficulty in talking to some people, especially with your dad. You have mentioned that there is slowness of speech and you are not able to express what you want to s...  Read Full »

Why do my thoughts become negative when I hear the word 'not'?

Query: Hello doctor, Since the last six years, whenever I read or hear the word 'not', my mind becomes a pool of negative emotions. I feel heavy headed and lose focus, after this, I cannot read with a free mind. This 'not' word is stuck in my mind. Once or twice during my exams, I took SSRI for a mont...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Your symptoms are occurring due to some intrusive thoughts or anxiety. These intrusive thoughts are a part of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and should be evaluated. As you are a doctor, you must be aware of obsessive compulsive diso...  Read Full »

Other than seeing a psychologist, are there any ways of treating Trichotillomania?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to know how to cure an OCD specifically Trichotillomania? Other than seeing a psychologist, are there any way of treatment?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern about treating obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) without visiting a psychologist. First of all, I like to inform you that treatment of OCD depends on the severity of OCD. If you have severe or very severe OCD, then the t...  Read Full »

How to overcome sex addiction?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a sex addict. How to overcome this? I do lots of sexual activities on a daily basis, which gives me pleasure and I get tired soon because of that. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shazia Anjum

Family Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaint, but the history is not enough to tell you any suggestion. So, I would like to ask you a few questions, so that I can decide whether you need any treatment or not. What kind of sexual activities you are doing? How many times in a day you do that? ...  Read Full »

Shall I restart Cymbalta for my extreme depersonalization feel?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old man. I have been experiencing panic disorder, OCD symptoms and excessive levels of anxiety. In the last few months, major changes in my life have happened. For instance; quitting my job and moving to another city triggered my anxiety symptoms. I usually feel drowned in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for describing your query in detail. To start with, you might be absolutely right in saying that the current increase in your anxiety and associated feelings could be secondary to the change of place. Change of residence and workplace is always an anxiety-provok...  Read Full »