Q. How to have safe sex?

Dr. Rashmi Singh
Published on Apr 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. I am currently in a relationship with a girl. I would like to have sexual affair with her but I am shy. I request some tips on how to have safe sex and how to approach the entire act. I have searched the internet but it is more confusing. Secondly, I want my partner to try out blowjob. Is it safe? What precaution should I take? And how can I lubricate my penis? Thank you in advance.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate your awareness regarding safe sex and seeking opinion for it.

• Use a condom. I know that it is the most repetitive advice but you got to stick with this one, no matter what your temptation is. Not just for preventing pregnancy, but for preventing STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) and HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).
  • If it is the first time for your girl, in all probability, it is going to hurt and may or may not bleed. Be gentle and patient.
  • Do a lot of foreplay, which helps in lubrication naturally.
  • Blowjob is safe just put a condom on to be on the safer side.
  • For lubricant, there are a lot of products available in the market. Sometimes even the natural lubrication does the trick. You can buy lubricant from any pharmaceutical store, they are all tested safe.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Thank you for your help. A few more things I am daring to ask as I am still shy about this. Would not wearing a condom during a blowjob be a problem? What is the difference between flavored and dotted condoms? I want to try anal sex with my partner. Can you please guide me how to go about it in a safe manner? If my semen goes into my partner's mouth, is it safe? Thank you.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

#

• Dotted condoms are made to increase the sensation during sex and flavored condoms to make blowjobs easier.
  • There is no reported side effect of ejaculation in the mouth and thus it is scientifically safe.
  • Anal sex will require extra lubrication since there is no natural lubrication present. It is also more painful than vaginal sex.

| 

Thank you. You have addressed my concerns. My few more queries are in adult movies, they show if a man ejaculates, the semen comes out and flies far. Whereas, when I masturbate and ejaculate, it does not go far. This concerns me. In what way can I make my partner ejaculate? Is it safe to consume that? Thank you.

Dr. Rashmi Singh

#

• First of all, let me tell you very clearly that real life sex is very different from sexual acts in porn movies. It is just like comparing, action sequences of action movies with real life.
  • You simply cannot do that. A 15 minutes porn movie is shot in many days with several coital acts joined together to make it look like a prolonged sexual act.
  • Do not try to imitate sequences of porn movies in your real life because they are simply meant to entertain you rather than for your sex education.
  • Now, coming to your query, lots of foreplay and patience is required for the female partner to have an orgasm. You may experiment with oral and manual stimulation of sensitive zones of your partner's genitalia.
  • Female does not ejaculate semen like males. Their vaginal fluid which appears milky white may appear like semen someway.
  • Male semen is usually sterile unless you are having some infection but female vaginal fluid contains a variety of bacteria and yeast so it is not a good idea to actually consume it.
  • Lastly, it does not matter whether the squirts of your semen goes 5 m or 50 cm. It is not going to affect your sexual performance and vigor.

| 

How can I manage dry vagina and anxiety related to intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I have endometriosis and was under medication Endoreg 2 mg twice a day for 5 to 6 months. Since marriage, I have pain during intercourse, and anxiety related to that. I do breathing, and positive affirmation exercises to do it. Now, I want to plan a child, and the ovulation count is al...  Read Full »

I have no STD symptoms. Should I still get tested before I meet my wife?

Query: Hello doctor,Due to work, I have been away from my wife for more than two years. I had a few sexual encounters with sex workers here. I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex twice last year, protected oral sex and protected vaginal sex once last year, unprotected oral sex and protected ...  Read Full »

Is the HIV RNA test conclusive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex with a woman for two to three minutes around four weeks ago. I took HIV 1 RNA test on 11th day which was negative. Again I took complete STD panel tests on 21st day with HIV-1 RNA and HIV fourth generation tests, all of the results were negative. But, I can notice sm...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now