Q. What could be the reason for intermittent shoulder pain?

Dr. Lokesh

I have intermittent shoulder pain, mostly in the areas where neck and shoulder meets and in the rotator cuff. This is for the last one year. I had neck pain, which subsided after some physiotherapy and still I have the shoulder pain issue. Earlier, I consulted a general physician and a physiotherapist, but not visited for a while. I had a suspicion that my shoulder pain was significant and started bothering after I played volleyball briefly in last summer. I am wondering whether I should visit an orthopedic surgeon and need an MRI.

#

• This shoulder pain, which is resistant, is called trapezitis. It is an inflammation of the muscle fascia of the trapezius.
  • General painkillers do not act on this, so you need to take specific medicines.
  • I suggest the following medications. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Oxalgin gel (Diclofenac) for local application twice daily.
  2. Tablet Neugaba-M 75 mg (combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin) one tablet daily before food at night for 15 days.
  3. Tablet Etoricoxib 60 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night after food for 7 days.
  4. Tablet Pan-D (Pantoprazole) one in the morning and one at night before food for 7 days.
  5. Tablet Vitamin D 60 k units once a week for 8 weeks.
  • Your pain should reduce in three to four days. Follow up after a week with me if pain persists.

Trapezitis.

Revert back after a week to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Is my mother's leg pain sciatica or something else?

Query: Hello doctor, My 49 year old mother has a severe (sciatica-like) leg pain. There is also pain below the knee and at the back of the leg. The pain is an extreme burning sensation kind of pain. It sometimes moves to the hips. The pain increases when she sits or tries to walk. She is taking a pain ki...  Read Full »

What is the solution for shoulder pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am experiencing pain on my right shoulder for a couple of weeks. I have the pain only when I move. When I raise my hands up and throwing anything overhead, I have the pain. The pain is at the front of my shoulder, and I can put the finger on the spot that is sore. I am taking Paracetam...  Read Full »

Does opiate withdrawal cause nausea, low BP, muscle pain and urea smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old female recovering from eating disorder. My BMI is 16. I am suffering from clinical depression and GAD. I was diagnosed by a neurologist with migraines approximately two years ago, and have been on Lyrica 75 mg twice daily. Recently, I started having trouble swallowi...  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now