Q. Kindly help me to clarify that my period is normal or is it due to the side effect of I-pill.

Answered by Dr. R Balakrishnan Menon and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Side Effects Of Ipill or Periods? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Last month I had I-pill (within 48hours of intercourse) after 18 days of onset of my periods. I did not have any side effects like withdrawal bleeding, nausea, etc., after taking the I-pill. I got my periods on the 1st of this month. I am unsure if this is my normal period or bleeding due to the side effect of I-pill? Please help me to clarify this. If it is my regular periods, then there is no delay in it (a week before or week after than expected date). Is it normal? Is there a need to take a test or any chances of pregnancy? If yes, when to take the test?