Q. I am three months pregnant, and I am suffering from skin rashes. Please help.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 15, 2021

I am three months pregnant. I am suffering from a skin infection. I have skin rashes on my whole body. I consulted a gynecologist and she gave me Avil and Oldid cream. But still, there is no relief.

#

From your history, you are concerned about skin rashes present during pregnancy. There are certain rashes and conditions that co-exist with pregnancy and it is completely hormonal and it subsides as the pregnancy hormone subsides. As you have consulted the gynecologist, she must have ruled out the cause. If there is doubt, I suggest you revert back with a clear photograph of the rash and so I can guide you further. Extensive treatment cannot be taken immediately for having fast relief as you are pregnant and so whatever prescribed needs to be safe in its action. As she has prescribed Oldid cream (Clotrimazole), she has diagnosed it as a fungal infection. Kindly send a picture for guiding further. Do not be worried as infections are completely treatable.

You have a fungal infection and pregnancy-associated dermatosis.

Follow proper personal hygiene. Sundry your clothes and iron your clothes before wearing them as it kills fungal molds. Do not share your clothes. Keep your skin dry especially skin folds.

|