Q. I have a rash on my back. Is it a sign of meningitis?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 04, 2021

I had a pink rash on my lower back. I had a glass on and put pressure on it, and it fade. Is it a sign of meningitis? I do not have fever or headache. I feel weak at 6 PM, and my neck feel so heavy.

#

• It is highly unlikely to be a meningitis. Meningitis presenting only with rash and no other symptoms like headache, fever, etc., is unlikely.
  • Meningococcal meningitis has rash in some cases, but patient will be very sick and toxic. So, do not worry about meningitis.
  • Weakness is a very common and non-specific symptom. It will not lead to any specific diagnosis.
  • Now, for rash, it could be a viral infection, insect bites or if long standing may be a hemangioma. You need to upload the snapshot of it or get it examined by the local doctor.

For further information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|