Q. I have skin rashes all over my body, which are red, raised, scaly, and non-itchy. Kindly help.

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

I have had skin rash all over my body except my face, neck, palm, and sole for four months. The rashes appear as a raised red nodule of 1 to 3 mm in size initially and slowly go flat and scaly. It is non-itchy but can be easily felt on touch. I initially thought it is due to my soap, and I changed it. But no improvement. Also, I changed my sheets and towels, but it is the same. I had chickenpox 16 years ago and also have a keloid on my shoulders. But this rash pattern seems to be different.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

As you have attached only a single picture, it is difficult to diagnose (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is always better to examine multiple lesions. I guess you might have an inflammatory skin condition called pityriasis lichenoides chronica. It is a disorder of unknown etiology and is more common in children and young adults. It presents with red or brown papules on the trunk, buttocks, and proximal parts of extremities. A scale overlying the papules is seen. Upon removal of the scale, a minimally shiny skin surface can be seen. Most patients are asymptomatic. The condition might heal with hypo or hyperpigmentation without scarring. The disease can run a long remitting and relapsing course over months. This disorder is primarily harmless except in very few situations.

I suggest you take a skin biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

Would you please send some well-focused pictures to help the diagnosis to suggest you some treatment?

Take care and regards.

|