Q. What makes me sleepy the whole day?

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

I am having issues with sleeping. I am exhausted all day every day, sleep 6 to 9 hours every night and take 2 to 3 hours nap every day. I am unable to control falling asleep. I am not on any medications.

The reasons for sleepiness could be many. Firstly, could be related to the deficiency in vitamins in body or iron deficiency. This can be easily tested by blood tests. Secondly, hormonal changes can cause sleepiness, like low functioning thyroid gland, which can also be checked on the blood test.

Thirdly, sleep issues like sleep apnea or insomnia can cause daytime sleepiness which will require clinical assessment and sleep study. Finally, low mood or depression commonly causes sleepiness and feeling of exhaustion.

Does Vitamin Deficiency Cause Premature Ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The premature ejaculation occurs due to anxiety and hyperexcitation in most individuals. Altered testosterone levels are not the cause of early discharge. If you have the problem of premature ejaculation, then drugs like Dapoxetine can be used to delay the ejaculati...  Read Full

Can you see the attached CBC report, and let me know if there is anything serious ?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife's iron and ferritin were low, so the doctor ordered CBC. CBC showed low WBC, high monocytes, and high RBC, which is what made us scared. She has schistocytes and elliptocytes among other RBC morphologies. We read about it and are very worried, and she had a C-section three years...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your wife's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The report shows schistocytes, which are fragmented RBC (red blood cell), commonly seen in hemolytic anemia. So, to rule out hemolysis, serum LDH (lactate dehydrogenase), ret...  Read Full

What is the maximum iron intake for a man?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male, who is 1.8 m tall, and I weigh 106 kg. I have a problem recently. I went to a dentist for an abscess, and I had blood a bit removed, so I felt a bit weak. And finally some days after, I felt I needed iron supplements. I took one 100 mg and then took another 100...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To know about iron overload, get serum ferritin and iron levels checked. In iron-deficiency, an elementary iron of 100 to 200 mg per day is advised. In a normal person, daily allowance is hardly 25 mg per day. You just stop your iron supplements and have these tests...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now