I have lost my smell. I have consulted many ENT doctors for the past two years but could not resolve the problem. I also have a frequent cold with sneezing. Particularly in the morning, severe sneezing occurs. Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
The possible causes for loss of smell are
3. Ethmoidal polyps.
4. Neurodegenerative diseases.
5. Vitamin B12, and Folic acid deficiency.
6. Tumor of the CNS (central nervous system).
But in your case possible the cause is sinusitis with or without polyp. Rhinitis and sinusitis may lead to congestion and edema of mucosa, and also nerve endings may give rise to anosmia.
1. So use salt water gargling thrice a day for five days.
2. Use water vapor inhalation thrice a day for five days.
3. Use decongestants like Phenylephrine (tablet Lecope-AD) and anti-histamines to decrease congestion.
4. Avoid cool drinks and ice creams.
5. Use Otrivin nasal spray twice a day for five days.
6. Use tablet Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid 625 mg twice a day for five days.
If symptoms are not improved please get done x-ray paranasal sinuses and nasal endoscopy then we come to know the cause. So review with above reports or consult with your ENT specialist he will examine and treat you accordingly.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. an allergic reaction and there is no need to worry. I suggest antihistamines and tablet Montek-LC containing Montelukast with Levocetirizine. I also suggest antacids along with that. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medici... Read fullIs it safe to take Atarax when pregnant?
.. her pregnancy. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. Yes, antihistamines are considered safe during pregnancy. As it is prescribed in a very low dose and she is in her second trimester, she can consume it, but not for a l... Read fullMy 3.4-year-old son breathes through his mouth and snores due to nasal polyps. What to do?
.. due to any cause be it adenoids or polyps do cause snoring.It is because any obstruction in the the nasal cavity nasopharynx does alter the normal resonating properties of the nasopharyngeal chamber causing snoring. The masses you are seeing are ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now