Q. How will I get rid pain and swelling on my foot?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I dropped a 25-pound weight on my foot. It has been two days, and there is still swelling and bruising on my foot. It only hurts sometimes, but it feels super uncomfortable. It is more painful while I am resting. Please help me with this.

#

You are suffering from soft tissue injury secondary to trauma. The swelling, redness, and pain are due to this only. I will suggest some medications that can help you with the swelling and redness but trust me; it will take ten to fifteen days to resolve completely. I will also advise you to get an x-ray of the affected area to rule out any underlying fracture due to trauma.

Following medications for five days will make you feel much better.

1. Tablet Lyser D (Diclofenac) - one tablet twice daily.

2. Tablet Chymoral Forte (Trypsin-Chymotrypsin) - one tablet twice daily.

3. Tablet Thiocolchicoside 4 mg twice daily.

4. Dynapar Qps (Diclofenac) apply thrice daily.

Nothing to worry about; it might take some time, but it will recover, and you will begin to feel better within two days.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|