Q. I often have to clear my throat. Please suggest a cure.

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

As part of the season change, I have developed a little rash in my throat. I have to often clear my throat congestion. Nothing else. Please prescribe a medicine for the cure and also some preventive medicine for the next one week so that I will not catch a cold or fever as I have an event back home in a few days. I have no fever as of now.

#

• You can try the following.
  1. You need to do salt water gargling.
  2. Rinse your mouth twice daily with an antiseptic mouthwash like Listerine, particularly before going to bed.
  3. Take lukewarm water.
  4. You may have soups too.
  5. With regard to prevention of infection, eat good food and drink filtered water.
  6. Take ginger tea with honey.
  • In case your symptoms worsen or progress, and if you develop fever, you may need a proper antibiotic course and antihistamines like tablet Levocetirizine.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|