Q. I am worried about spotting during my initial days of pregnancy. Please help.

Dr. Anindya Das
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

Actually, I am 6 weeks pregnant. During my 5th week, I had a light spotting of brownish black color. I was worried as it is my first pregnancy. In the emergency room, they told me to take complete rest. After five days, I visited the ER again and had a scan. The doctor said that he never heard my baby's heartbeat. He said that I may have miscarriage. He also said that I have some vaginal infection and so, I was prescribed with Clindamycin 300 mg. After using this medicine, I am not spotting. I am so nervous. What can I do now?

#

I can understand the anxiety you are going through. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your baby was well when the USG was done for the first time. But, unfortunately, the second USG clearly indicates that you had a miscarriage.
  • The bleeding may be stopped as the process of miscarriage is complete. Your gynecologist can examine you and decide whether the process of expulsion of the fetus is complete or not.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|