Q. My menstrual cycle becomes irregular recently and I get spotting. Is this early sign of pregnancy?

Dr. Aishwarya Parthasarathy
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2020

I am 22 years old. I am trying to conceive for the second time. I have a 3-year-old son and it was a natural birth. I am not on any medication. My period was always regular and I get them every month. But about 3 months ago, my period days changed from the beginning of the month to the middle, when it was all messed up I was getting a period twice a month but that has stopped. About two days ago, I thought I was getting my period but I am lightly spotting it is a light red color it is not dark or anything it is more faint. When I am usually on my period I bleed a lot. I have been pregnant before and know the symptoms but would it be possible? I do not understand this light spotting, am I on my period? Do you think can I be pregnant? Or it can be my cycle changing?

#

There are multiple reasons for not being able to conceive. First, it depends on the time for which you guys are trying. Only after a year of unprotected intercourse, we can start the evaluation. And that you have conceived once naturally means the mechanics are all correct.

I see that your BMI (body mass index) is high. That could be the reason for irregular periods. You must work on your weight and bring the BMI between 18 to 25.

If you are concerned about your cycles, you will be prescribed contraceptive pills. If you want to conceive they might start the evaluation depending on the policy.

|