Q. I swallowed a lot of water at the swimming pool and now feel sick. Please help.

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava

Yesterday, I was swimming in a pool that had salt water in it. I went underwater and accidentally swallowed the salt water. It burned my nose and my throat. I woke up today dizzy and my throat kills and my nose still does. I keep coughing up mucus. I also keep sneezing. What should I do?

#

Hello,Welcome in icliniq.com.I understand your concern.

You are likely to have an acute upper respiratory tract infection, and associated labyrinthitis as you have vertigo.

Now, you are advised to take:

1. Tablet Paracetamol.
  2. Tablet Betahistine 16 mg thrice daily.
  3. Steam inhalation.
  4. Antihistaminic and cough syrup.
  5. Adequate fluid.

I hope above will help you. If not, you have to consult your ENT doctor for a thorough examination and necessary investigations to manage your problem.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|