Q. I swallowed a lot of water at the swimming pool and now feel sick. Please help.

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Yesterday, I was swimming in a pool that had salt water in it. I went underwater and accidentally swallowed the salt water. It burned my nose and my throat. I woke up today dizzy and my throat kills and my nose still does. I keep coughing up mucus. I also keep sneezing. What should I do?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Hello,Welcome in icliniq.com.I understand your concern.

You are likely to have an acute upper respiratory tract infection, and associated labyrinthitis as you have vertigo.

Now, you are advised to take:

1. Tablet Paracetamol.
  2. Tablet Betahistine 16 mg thrice daily.
  3. Steam inhalation.
  4. Antihistaminic and cough syrup.
  5. Adequate fluid.

I hope above will help you. If not, you have to consult your ENT doctor for a thorough examination and necessary investigations to manage your problem.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Hearing has deteriorated significantly with vertigo. Can it be due to acoustic neuroma?

Query: Hi doctor, I have no current medications. Over the past 2 or 3 years, my hearing in my left ear only has deteriorated significantly. I would say it is less than half as good as my right. I went to an ENT doctor, with an audiologist appointment. The audiologist said I had a moderate hearing loss in ...  Read Full »

What Causes Vertigo?

Article Overview: This article discusses vertigo, a sensation of spinning, dizziness, unsteadiness, and lightheadedness. Read Article

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Dizziness, unsteadiness, lightheadedness are symptoms expressed by the patient. But all these indicate that the patient is having a problem of balancing. Balancing is the outcome of a reflex mechanism where vestibule of ear, eyes and sensory receptors of joints and muscles send sensory impulses to t...  Read Article

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »