HomeAnswersHIV/AIDS specialiststdI recently attended a party in which there was physical contact between my face and the pubic region of a woman. What are the chances of contracting an STD?

How can one address the anxiety related to the potential of acquiring an STD?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 10, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 10, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I recently attended a bachelor party that involved adult entertainment. During the event, one of the dancers filled a plastic test tube with liquor, inserted it halfway into her vagina, and then offered it to me. Given my inebriated state, I knelt down to her pubic area and placed my mouth on the open end of the tube. She proceeded to make gyrating and thrusting motions, during which there might have been some physical contact between my face and her pubic region. While engaging in this activity, I had canker sores inside my lower lip due to recent dental work. I am now concerned about the possibility of having contracted something, particularly HIV, and this is causing significant anxiety.

I am unsure if any vaginal fluid came into contact with my mouth, as my recollection is not clear. I am unaware of the dancer's health status, which is adding to my worries. Given these circumstances, I am seeking guidance on the appropriate steps to take next to address my concerns and ensure my well-being. Please help.

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I want to assure you that the likelihood of transmitting HIV through unprotected oral contact is extremely low, unless there are open and bleeding wounds in both individuals. In your situation it was more likely contact rather than sexual intercourse. Considering that your oral canker sores might have already healed or dried by then, the chances of transmission appear to be minimal.

While, in my opinion, the risk of transmission seems almost negligible, it might be a good idea to undergo baseline STD (sexually transmitted diseases) testing, including HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) tests, to provide peace of mind. I would suggest you could consider an HIV RNA PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test around 12 to 14 days post-exposure, and HIV antibodies tests after a period of 3 months for conclusive results.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra
Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

HIV/AIDS specialist

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy