Q. I have hard, itchy lumps on the scrotum. What is it?

Published on Feb 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 15, 2019

I have lumps or cysts on the scrotum for a year of around 8-9 in number. They are of different size. There is no pain but I feel too much itching on the skin of scrotum. When I touch them they feel little hard. By seeing the photos which I have attached here for your reference please tell me what it is.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

I have gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have attached.

• You are suffering from scrotum steatocystoma multiplex. It is a type of sebaceous cyst.
  • They are benign; do not have any chance of malignancy.
  • So, if they are bothering you then you should go for removal. Surgical excision is the treatment of choice.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

What Is The Reason For Severe Itch In Genitals And The Surrounding Area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to have lingered on to become a chronic hyperkeratotic scrotal eczema. This is a result of your hyperallergic tendency, constant scratching, sweat induced maceration and intermittent but incomplete treatments with suboptimal medicines. As of now a...  Read Full

Please give a correct diagnosis for bumps on scrotum and whole body itch.

Query: Hi doctor, Initially, I had bumps on my scrotum and now I got few bumps on my penis head. I have attached the pictures for better idea. First It was told that these maybe cysts. And later it was told as Fordyce spots. Please give me correct diagnosis. Thanks.  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. They are neither cyst nor Fordyce spots. Sexually transmitted disease can be a probability. But, for proper diagnosis I need to know the complete history that is the onset, progression and duration of lesion. Did you experience any whole body itching predominantly a...  Read Full

There is pain on the right side of my scrotum. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, For about two weeks, I have a slight discomfort on the right side of my scrotum when the testicles are retracted. It is an uncomfortable pain. When the testicles are warmer and the scrotum is down, I feel no pain at all. I am currently on Zyrtec. I have done a self-examination and...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be a muscle pain or varicocele. So, relax and do not worry at all.  Ask your primary care doctor to have an ultrasound of the scrotum done with a color Doppler. Final diagnosis can be had only after the ultrasound report has arrived. Regards. For more inform...  Read Full