Q. I have something in the penis that resembles a small white seed. Please advise.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on May 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 10, 2020

I have something like a small seed inside the skin below the penis. If pressed hard, a white material comes out, only when the foreskin is open. The fluid has a bad smell to it. It has been there for two years. Only during a hard erection, it produces a discomfort due to its sharp pain. What is this?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• Since the last two years, is there a continuous worsening of this condition or was there on and off episodes?
  • Revert back with an image.

Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

It is a kind of white seed under the penis skin. When the skin opens up, a cheesy material comes out with bad odor. I feel it has raised due to excessive strain on the penis due to hard ejaculation. The same kind of very small material was removed with a minimal squeeze sometime back. But this looks more locked under the skin. I do not have any sexual contacts and can say 100 % there are no STDs. Please find the image attached.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• These are steatocystoma multiplex which are basically overactive sebaceous glands leading to a cyst formation.
  • Usually, these are painless, but when secondarily infected these can be painful.
  • These cysts need to be removed along with its sac to avoid recurrence. There are different methods for doing the same. You need to visit a dermatologist for same. Do not try anything at home.
  • If there is pain at present, then apply Fucidin cream. It will help reduce secondary infection.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Thanks a lot for addressing my query. I would like to know two things. What is the cause? And, secondly, can I use T-Bact ointment? Please guide. Also, if possible please suggest a reference dermatologist in my city for the suggested remedy.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• As I said, these are overactive sebaceous glands. There is no specific cause for the same. Few individuals can have an excess of sebum secretion and it cannot be avoided as they are prone to it and it is just a tendency.
  • Yes, you can apply T-Bact cream.
  • All the dermatologists can perform this procedure since it is a basic one. You can go to any near your location.

| 

Hello doctor,

Thanks for the reply. I have gained 100 % confidence. I want to take up the next step, that is, to get rid of this through medical procedures by a qualified and experienced doctor. Can I reach you through a phone consultation? As I relocated here recently, I really do not have any family doctor or dermatologist. I once again thank you for all the valuable feedbacks on my queries.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

• You are welcome.
  • Yes, you can. But again, any dermatologist would be able to treat you for this.

|