Q. Everything seems to be normal in gastroscopy. But I have stomach pain. Please advice.

Dr. Hariharan V

I have stomach pain. I had done gastroscopy, but everything seems to be normal. I have been taking medicines for 3 months but no relief. Please advice.

#

Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.

I need to know a few things. are you having pain in the upper stomach, above the belly button? If it is so, you may have ulcer/gastritis. If there is an ulcer, endoscopy findings will be present. If no findings, then it may be acidity (gastritis).

Gastritis is due to many causes like:

1. Not eating food at proper intervals.
  2. Too much coffee/tea.
  3. Eating hot and spicy foods, colas, junk foods.
  4. Less sleep.
  5. Increased work pressure/tension/ increased thoughts.
  6. Too much of worrying.
  7. Smoking/alcohol.

Follow the below mentioned points:

• Drink 1 litre of water immediately after waking up in the morning. It is difficult first but slowly you can do that.
  • Eat at proper time, even if you do not feel hungry, eat thrice a day at the same time every day.
  • Avoid spicy food, masala food, colas.
  • Drink or eat after the food has cooled. Do not consume hot items.
  • Eat one different fruit every day (not as juice).
  • Eat lot of vegetables.
  • Drink milk twice a day, reduce coffee and tea. Drink 1 cup of yogurt every afternoon.
  • Walk daily (brisk walking) for 40 minutes every day.
  • Do pranayama/ yoga 20 minutes every day.
  • Sleep well for 6 to 8 hours per day.
  • Complete stopping of cigarette/tobacco/alcohol.
  • Take tablet Pansec DSR one tablet before food in the morning and at night. Also take syrup Mucaine gel 10 ml after food three times a day for one month.

But if you have pain in lower abdomen, it may be due to a different issue.

Ultrasound scan, if pain is present in lower abdomen.

Gastritis

Proper diet, avoidance of risk factors, tablets and syrup for one month.

Revert back to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I have pain in left side upper belly button, upper stomach and it goes upside and sometimes I feel like going to the toilet. Since many years, I have been suffering from a stomach pain. 1 year back, the pain started increasing and so I went for gastroscopy but the doctor said there is nothing to worry and it is just starting of ulcer and he had given me medicine. I had taken 3 month course but after that, again I am suffering from stomach pain.

Please suggest me remedies.

#

As I had told you before, it is mild gastritis only and nothing else. Gastritis will cause pain in upper stomach and many times pain may radiate to back also.

The increased production of acid in stomach causes defecation. You can see that whenever you eat food, you want to go to the toilet. It is due to acidity only.

In my previous reply, I have told you what to do and what not to do. Please follow that always. Once a person has acidity, it becomes very difficult to completely cure that. So, follow the diet and lifestyle patterns I told you for a long time like one year.

• Take the above mentioned Pansec DSR (Pantoprazole + Domperidone) tablet twice a day before food and syrup Mucaine gel 10 ml thrice a day after food for one month. These two drugs are of high quality and your symptoms will completely come down.
  • After one month take the tablet only in morning for one month, Use Mucaine gel only when needed.
  • Then the drugs can be stopped, but you have to follow diet and lifestyle changes.

Even after two months, if your symptoms do not decrease we can do a test called Urease Breath test. It is to find out if a bacteria is causing you gastritis. if positive, we have to start antibiotics. For now, this test is not needed.

After two months of diet and medications, consult a medical gastroenterologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|