Q. What could be the reason for bloating and pain in my stomach after eating?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

I am a 22-year-old female with bloating and pain in my stomach. Whenever I eat, it starts to pain. I feel extremely nauseous and sometimes out of breath. I consulted a doctor, and he said my stomach was fine. Yet, I have a bloating and burning sensation when I eat. Could this just be a stomach infection? I am trying not to freak out as I have some anxiety issues, which cause the breathing issue. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

I would suggest diet modification and some investigations like an ultrasound abdomen, complete hemogram, thyroid profile, blood sugar, and blood pressure. I assume you are a normal healthy adult. I would suggest the following:

1. Avoid heavy, fatty, and spicy foods.
  2. Avoid intake of excessive tea and coffee.
  3. Drink plenty of water.
  4. Drink two glasses of water in the morning on an empty stomach after you get up and half an hour before and after the meal.
  5. Do regular exercise.
  6. Eat fresh fruits and green vegetables.
  7. Take tablet Pantoprazole (Pantoprazole sodium) 40 mg on an empty stomach in the morning.
  8. Eat dinner at least two hours before sleeping.

|