Q. I have enlarged bumps on the back of my tongue. Is that due to fungal infection?

Answered by Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Swollen Tongue Papillae or Antibacterial Mouthwash? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have enlarged bumps on the back of my tongue.  Is that due to fungal infection?

I am a 29 year old male. I have some enlarged bumps and white lesion on the back of my tongue. I thought that I had a gum problem because my saliva was often brownish and I had a funny taste in my mouth. Now, I believe that I have some fungus infection. It looks exactly like on the picture I have attached, but only in the back of my tongue. What kind of treatment should I need?