Q. Are my hands becoming brownish due to sun tan?

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 28, 2021

My hands have become very brownish in the past few months, they were not this dark before. I think it is because of sun tan, but I am not sure. I have not tried using any creams, as I am afraid of the side effects. Please see the images, and suggest some treatment to restore the natural color of my skin, without any side effects.

#

• Yes, this is sun tanning. I can see clear demarcation at the arm level in your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • First of all, you should avoid going out in the sun, and follow the following things.
  1. Wear full sleeves shirts.
  2. Carry an umbrella.
  3. Apply sunscreen lotion on exposed parts, reapply sunscreen every three hours.
  • For the existing tan, you can apply Melaglow Rich cream every night.

For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|