Q. Kindly explain about the ways to whiten my teeth.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I am hoping you can help answer a teeth whitening question for me. I just finished using Crest 3D white strips 10 pack, and they barely worked. I am supposed to be getting a crown over my top right eye tooth, but I told my dentist that I would like to whiten beforehand so my crown would match my newly whitened teeth. He first gave me a kit of whitening trays, but I was only able to sit through two treatments before the sensitivity and pain got to me. That is why I tried the strips. Can you tell me how soon I can try something else? I would really like to have my crown placed ASAP, so I am eager to find something that works soon. I just did not know if I have to wait a certain amount of time before whitening again.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

I went through your query, as a specialist I would like to inform you that whitening strips are not at all effective as the whitening trays. Whitening tray has bleaching action. As you are not getting any positive results even after using 10 strips and also you cannot tolerate the trays and makes your tooth even more sensitive, nothing much can be done. If it is very important for you, get them whitenened. In any case, go for veneers for rest and match the colour to the crown.

In this way it is a win-win situation as you would achieve sparkling white teeth within weeks and it would also correct the shape of tooth and correct if any defect and your smile would change like a celebrtity. As you have already tried many hacks, I can assure you this management will ease all you issues. If the upper right tooth is painful (crown placement) go for root canal treatment first.

|