Q. Is my recurrent throat infection due to mono?

I had strep infection about a month ago. It took 6 to 10 days to get cured with the antibiotics. It has come back in the same way again. Should I take the same antibiotics? Could it be something else like a mono tonsilitis? I am currently taking Imuran 50 mg. Please give your opinion.

#

I went through your post.

• You have received the antibiotics one month back for streptococcal infection. You cannot take the same antibiotics at this time because it has been less than three months. So, you need a different antibiotic with a different mechanism of action.
  • Yes, there is a possibility that it might be viral only.

For further queries consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|