Q. Is my recurrent throat infection due to mono?

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Throat Infection or Tonsillitis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had strep infection about a month ago. It took 6 to 10 days to get cured with the antibiotics. It has come back in the same way again. Should I take the same antibiotics? Could it be something else like a mono tonsilitis? I am currently taking Imuran 50 mg. Please give your opinion.