Q. Will Sinarest help in throat infection?

I have a bad throat and unable to speak. I have started Augmentin 625 since yesterday with no relief so far.

#

Antibiotics usually take some time to show their effect. Since you have been started on antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication from yesterday, finish the course as directed and you will be fine.

If you feel ill after completion of course, then we will go for a chest x-ray and throat swab culture and sensitivity test for specific antibiotics to treat your infection.

As such, Augmentin is a broad spectrum antibiotic (combination of Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid). It will take care of your throat infection. Meanwhile, do salt water gargling two to three times a day.

For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

Thank you for your advice. For now, I am taking only Augmentin, which is an antibiotic. Should I take any anti-inflammatory medicine as well? Will Sinarest help?

#

• Yes, you should take Combiflam or Paracetamol 500 mg twice a day to reduce pain and inflammation for a maximum of four days.
  • Sinarest (Acetaminophen) is used for allergy, running nose and nasal congestion, sneezing and throat infection seen in flu or the common cold.

For further doubts consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

|