Q. What could be the reason for my constant throat irritation?

Dr. Deepak Verma
Published on Oct 01, 2016

I have been suffering with some irritation in my throat for the past one and a half year. I am just fed up nowadays. Also, the fear of cancer destroying me. After taking different types of antibiotics from different doctors, lastly, I took Loratadine and Dexit (Flupentixol + Melitracen) from a reputed ENT specialist. But, the problem remains the same. Moreover, withdrawal syndrome of Dexit makes me more anxious like shortness of breath, increased heartbeat, tiredness, restlessness, etc.The nature of irritation differs each time. Sometime, I feel it as more worse. It is really very mysterious. I had tonsil pain for two or three times and then there is no pain or irritation. I had an endoscopy with my ENT doctor and it was normal. There is no trouble in swallowing, even I feel comfort. But after eating, I feel as if the food stuck in my throat and I am trying to finish it by constant swallowing. Sometimes, I feel as if the food loaded up to my throat.

During the start of the issue, there was no lump. But, after some five or six months, there were swollen lumps of lymphoid tissues seen. But, whenever I consult a doctor, I am getting the reply as no cancer and wait for it to resolve by itself. Please check the pictures of my throat. My doctor always used to say that there is no risk of cancer. Please check the pictures of my throat. I also had a panic attack just before some days. My sister also has tinnitus. I am not satisfied with my career and environment. Recently, I got married. I am a chronic smoker and recently stopped. Please help me.

Dr. Deepak Verma

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) as well as read your complete history. Do not worry. I will definitely help you.

• On looking your throat, it seems that you are having chronic allergic throat problem. Both side tonsils are also enlarged and back of the throat granules are formed as a result of chronic throat infection and that is causing all your symptoms.
  • I suggest the following medicines and I am sure you will be fine soon. Consult a doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg once a day.
  2. Tablet Allegra (Fexofenadine) daily at night.
  3. Tablet Pantop-D (combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) daily on an empty stomach.
  4. Betadine (Povidone-Iodine gargle) mouth gargles twice a day.
  5. Syrup Diovol LA (Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium, Oxetacaine and Simethicone) two teaspoons three times a day.
  •  Complete this course for two weeks. Avoid hot and spicy food. Also, keep yourself calm and relax.

Revert back after two weeks to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

What are the Ayurveda medicines for chronic allergies which become worse in winter.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old female. I have chronic allergies, which become worse in winter. What can I do, so that I do not need to take anti-allergic medications?  Read Full »

Kindly suggest granular pharyngitis treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with granular pharyngitis and tonsillitis, but I do not have any post-nasal drip or cold. I have pain while swallowing certain oily and spicy food. What should be the treatment? In the last three months, I have got tonsil infection a couple of times.  Read Full »

How can I manage sore throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sore throat from last 15 days. Medications taken are Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid taken for five days BD. The next course includes ZOCEF CV 500 BD for eight days. Levocetirizine 5 mg OD at night from the last 15 days and Betadine gargle thrice a day (both Levo and gargle, ...  Read Full »