Q. I have tight foreskin and found a white residue beneath the skin. Is it infection?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I am 30 years old and currently doing foreskin stretching exercises every day to loosen up my foreskin while taking bath. I always use virgin coconut oil when I stretch and at the end of the day I use Betamethasone Dipropionate 0.05% twice each day. I wash my glans with water only and was able to retract two weeks ago when flaccid but scared to pull the foreskin all the way back because of getting paraphimosis. I do not have any pain when pulling back when flaccid but the foreskin is still slightly tight when erect. I had really tight foreskin when I first started which was just a pinhole opening. I am still doing stretching exercises but recently I noticed this wrinkly glans with white residue. Is this infection? I am not sexually active and did not have sex with anyone. I tried to wash it with plain water but not coming off. Is this serious?

#

Noted the pictures you attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have done a great job doing retraction using steroid cream. This course using cream is to be done for six weeks. You need to retract the foreskin to back completely and clean all white stuff called smegma which is not really infection but can lead to infection if not cleaned regularly. And after complete retraction and cleaning do not forget to get your foreskin back to position this is to avoid paraphimosis.

Retraction is fine now during flaccid state you need to do it during erection state then to pull the foreskin back to normal to avoid paraphimosis. The smegma can be attached and difficult to clean as with your case just do it gradually as much as you can, do not use force as it might cause injury to glans. It should be clean after a few days to weeks. No need to use a steroid cream for more than six weeks. Always keep the area dry and clean.

|