Q. I have fungal infection in my private area. Kindly help.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

I am a 32-year-old male. My weight is 93 kg, and I am 6 feet tall. I have fungal problems in private areas.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern, but please understand that I will be able to give you medications and specific treatment only after confirming my diagnosis of a fungal infection and its severity. As it is a sensitive area, I need to see an attached photo of the lesion.

Please send a photo of the lesion and revert.

| 

I have attached the photos.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it does look like Tinea Cruris (fungal infection). Do not panic as with proper treatment, it will subside within two to four weeks.

You can apply Clotrimazole cream for application in the night for two weeks, KZ soap for wash twice daily for two weeks, and tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once daily at night (if itching present) for five days. Continue the medications for two weeks and review.

Also, follow these measures:

1. Keep the area dry always.

2. Use only dry clothes.

3. Wear loose, breathable cotton underwear.

4. Iron your clothes before wearing to kill the fungal molds.

5. Wash area with lukewarm water.

6. Frequent changing of bed linens and towels.

7. Do not share your personal items.

8. Maintain good genital hygiene.

|