Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have fungal infection in my private area. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am a 32-year-old male. My weight is 93 kg, and I am 6 feet tall. I have fungal problems in private areas.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology


Welcome to

I understand your concern, but please understand that I will be able to give you medications and specific treatment only after confirming my diagnosis of a fungal infection and its severity. As it is a sensitive area, I need to see an attached photo of the lesion.

Please send a photo of the lesion and revert.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

I have attached the photos.

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Dermatology Venereology


Welcome back to

I have seen the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it does look like Tinea Cruris (fungal infection). Do not panic as with proper treatment, it will subside within two to four weeks.

You can apply Clotrimazole cream for application in the night for two weeks, KZ soap for wash twice daily for two weeks, and tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once daily at night (if itching present) for five days. Continue the medications for two weeks and review.

Also, follow these measures:

1. Keep the area dry always.

2. Use only dry clothes.

3. Wear loose, breathable cotton underwear.

4. Iron your clothes before wearing to kill the fungal molds.

5. Wash area with lukewarm water.

6. Frequent changing of bed linens and towels.

7. Do not share your personal items.

8. Maintain good genital hygiene.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am suffering from tinea cruris (itching near scrotum). Please advise.
Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?
Can I use Hydrozole for jock itch?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What ayurvedic medicines can treat tinea cruris?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly tell me some ayurvedic drugs for tinea cruris. I had the disease last year but I am having the symptoms again. Itching has not gone completely. I have used Onabet cream. In the past, I have been on Tyza and Atarax. Please help.  Read Full »

What is the red wound present on my thighs? How to control it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red wounds growing on my thighs. I used a Candid B cream over it. It gets reduced, and it starts in another place. Please give me a solution.  Read Full »

Also Read

This article provides you with all the information that you should be knowing about miscarriage. Although this is an emo...  Read more»
COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Venereologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.