Q. Will impacted wisdom tooth cause ringing sound in the ear?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
Published on Jan 13, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

For the last two days, I have a ringing sound in my right ear. I have not been exposed to loud music but for the last week are so I had itching and the day before the ringing started and my right ear was blocked. So I cleared it with hydrogen peroxide but the ringing is not going away now.

I visited an ENT doctor and he has given me a prescription and asked to wait for six days and then get a PTA and impedance done. I have a slight headache in my forehead and some tightness like feeling under the right ear. I also have an impacted wisdom tooth. I have attached the prescription.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

What doctor has prescribed you is correct. Audiometry will see if you have any associated hearing loss and tympanometry will see if there is any middle ear infection that is causing hearing loss. (though the prescription is not attached).

Wisdom tooth will cause radiating pain or fullness in the ears but not tinnitus. Please do not use hydrogen peroxide drops unless prescribed by an ENT specialist because it is used to remove wax in ears. If your external ear is clear then there is no point in using the drops.

Pressure in the head can be there if you have sinusitis, so do you have any cold or cough right now? because that can also cause a middle ear infection.

| 

I do have a cold and probably all the time I have headaches.

The doctor has prescribed me Neurobion, Wysolone 10 and Ortrivin nasal drops.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You may take medicine prescribed along with some antiinflammatory enzymes like tablet Chymoral forte. Do get investigations done.

| 

Even after septoplasty, why is my ear still blocked?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a septoplasty. My problem started two months ago when I had a breathing problem, and my ear was also blocked. I used to have mild pain in my ear. The doctor checked my ear, and he said it is fine. He said that my Eustachian tubes are blocked, and I had a deviated nasal s...  Read Full »

I am having hearing problem only in the left ear. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few days, I am not able to hear properly through my left ear and it is almost down to 50%. I have consulted an ENT specialist and they suggested for a CT scan. Everything is fine in the scan. Sugar and BP levels are normal and they injected some steroids for two days. Still, ...  Read Full »

Why has my hearing affected after suddenly waking up in the morning with dizziness and nausea?

Query: Hi doctor, Five days ago (for the first time in my life) I went to the emergency room of the local hospital. I had awakened at 3 AM with severe dizziness and nausea. We determined that it was probably caused from an accidental overdose of Tamsulosin. I have gradually improved but to only about 80 %...  Read Full »