Sore Tongue

I have had persistent pain due to white thrush on my tongue for one month. Why am I getting this?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from persistent pain due to white thrush on my tongue for one month. So I just want to know why I am getting this? Would you please help me with this? I also have a viral cough, so I am currently using Tablet Amoxicillin.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakshana Devi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your query. I saw the picture attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will help you solve your doubts. Your tongue looks quite normal, so do not worry. It will not be a serious complication. Check if any teeth are scratching on the tongue. ...  Read Full »

I have tongue and lower jaw pain even after treatment. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor,My problem started five years with my tooth (the third one from the back –right lower jaw) began with painful swelling. The doctor said it was an abscess around the tooth's root; he prescribed an antibiotic to treat the infection. After one week or so, he extracted my teeth, and they bro...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I got about details of your chief complaint, and I suspect it is a case of some pathology. The burning sensation on the tip of the tongue, right side and swelling under the tongue, and ulceration doubt there might be some pathology apart from the carious teeth. However, af...  Read Full »

Why is the lacerated wound on the right side of my tongue still paining?

Query: Hello doctor,Sharp teeth lacerated the lateral border of my tongue. I let the injury heal naturally. However, the right part of the laceration still hurts. What should I do? Pain is from the end surface of the right part of the laceration. I am not taking any medicines for the same. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When there is a laceration injury, the hurt will take several days to heal. Please follow the instructions given to you in the follow-up messages.  Read Full »

I have constant pain in the tongue. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I got my health checkup report the day before. I have undergone umbilectomy two years back and surgery for an inguinal hernia one year back. Now I have tongue pain, and I consulted ENT for the same. Could you please advise me after going through my reports?  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You have mild vitamin D deficiency and mildly deranged cholesterol. I suggest taking capsule Uprise D3 60k (Vitamin D3) once a week for eight weeks and tablet Rosulip (Rosuvastatin)...  Read Full »

What causes tongue soreness?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a sore tongue of unknown cause, which is not painful. I never had this issue before. I do not take any medications for this.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope I can lessen your discomfort. The soreness you have seems to be a traumatic ulcer due to either hot food intake or injury caused by a sharp tooth. Do not worry. I suggest you take tablet Zincostar or Zincovit (Vitamin A, B complex, C, D, E and minerals magnes...  Read Full »