Q. What could be the white spot on my tonsil?

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

I observed a single white spot on my tonsil yesterday, and it is painful. What could it be? How to cure it?

#

• In a tonsil, there are many crypts. Those white spots are food particles that get trapped inside the crypts and are usually foul smelling.
  • I suggest you take painkillers and use Betadine (Povidone-iodine) gargle, four times a day. If there is no relief, take a course of antibiotics like tablet Augmentin (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg, thrice a day for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.
  • Avoid cold, spicy and oily foods. Maintain good oral hygiene.
  • In case the problem increases, consult a local ENT doctor.

Thanks.

For further queries consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|