Welcome to icliniq.com.
Let me first enlighten you about tonsils.
- Tonsils are a pair of soft tissues located on either side of your pharynx.
- They are lymphoid tissue and play an important role in immune system to fight infections and act as first line defense for throat infections.
- Indications for tonsillectomy or removal of tonsils are,
- Recurrent sore throat or Strep throat.
- Swollen tonsils leading to difficulty in breathing.
- Eating difficulty.
- Sleep difficulty.
- Snoring that it obstructive sleep apnea.
- I would recommend you to go for throat swab and culture to rule out Streptococcus infection.
- Use antibiotics to get rid of the infection. Maintain good oral hygiene and nutritious food to improve her immunity.
The Probable causes:
1. Eating more chocolates or ice creams.Differential diagnosis:
2. Dental and oral hygiene.
Throat swab and culture or RADT (rapid antigen detecting test).Probable diagnosis:
URTI (upper respiratory tract infection).Treatment plan:
If culture is positive then I suggest Tablet Amoxicillin 625 mg twice daily or tablet Amoxicillin 500 mg thrice daily for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.Preventive measures:
1. Repeated salt water gargling.Regarding follow up:
2. Maintain oral hygiene.
3. No high carb diets like ice creams and chocolates.
For further information consult an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician