Q. What is the growth under the tonsil with slight itchiness?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

There is growth inside the mouth under the tonsil. What could it be? There is slight itchiness around the area.

#

I think that it is a simple pharyngitis. It will help if you drink warm fluids. Avoid icy and spicy foods. I suggest an antihistamine once daily to reduce itching sensation.

Please answer the following questions to know more.

1. Do you suffer from reflux in the form of burning sensation in your chest or stomach?

2. Do you suffer from a bitter taste in your throat when waking up at the morning?

Thank you for the reply.

I have a small hiatus hernia, hill grade 1, and a non-erosive reflux disease. I have like reflux without acid but I have dry cough and sometimes lower chest discomfort or pressure. I will take antihistamine.

#

Reflux can be an important cause of throat issues. If you are a heavy smoker, you should check your throat every six months for morphological changes like size, color, and ulceration.

|