Q. I have a tooth growing out of gums in abnormal position and causes pain. Why?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
Published on Jan 18, 2019

My teeth are all over the place and I have wanted a brace for years but the dentists keep telling me I need to wait till my teeth fall out as they will not put me to sleep to take them all out but they have not even noticed that I have a tooth which grows out of the gum to separate ways and it causes me a lot of pain. Currently, I am taking Quetiapine, Fluoxetine.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

Usually, by 13 years of age, all milk teeth should have fallen out. If not, then you can ask them to be removed. Also, as the permanent canines are growing out from sideways you can ask your dentist to remove the milk tooth directly below it as soon as possible to allow it space to grow. If your dentist is not doing it, then go find another one. Braces can be put after all milk teeth are removed.

How long does numbness last after tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I had a wisdom tooth extraction. Still, I feel tongue numbness. What is the solution?  Read Full »

Why are there pain and gum bleeding with wisdom tooth eruption?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a wisdom tooth coming out and my gums are swollen and I am suffering from the pain. When I brush and floss, it bleeds. What is this?  Read Full »

I am bleeding, four hours after a tooth extraction. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,About four hours ago, I had a tooth removed. It has started to bleed again, and I rinsed my mouth with water. I read online that you should not do that. My gum is really hurting. Am I going to be fine?  Read Full »