Q. What is the effect of toxoplasmosis?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

My daughter is 7 years old. Now, she is normal. Her mother had toxoplasmosis when baby born. After birth, doctors examined baby's blood and she has not got the germs of toxoplasmosis. Now my question is will it cause any problem in the future?

#

• Usually, toxoplasmosis does not have any effects on human being. It is known to cause problems in animals only.
  • However, if the baby is a female child, then she may have to get tested when she is planning for pregnancy, as it may have some effects during the fertile period.
  • If she is easily getting pregnant, then there is nothing to worry about. Take care.

For further information consult a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

| 

How are listeria and toxoplasmosis diagnosed?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old female and currently 37 weeks pregnant. This evening I ate a burger that was pink on the inside. I am worried about getting listeria or toxoplasmosis from it. I will be scheduled for a C-section around 11 to 13 days from now and I am wondering what are the odds of p...  Read Full »

How can the presence of toxoplasmosis be checked in pregnant woman and fetus?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old, and her weight is 49 kg. She is on Thyronorm 75 for past one year. We did some blood tests a year back as per our gynecologist's advice in view of positive ANA two years back which came normal in the same year. According to that, her IgG for antiphospholipid w...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Child Health Specialist Now