Q. Kindly suggest treatment for someone who had TIA for two hours.

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Dec 17, 2017

My father had a TIA for two hours nearly four months ago where he could not understand what was going around him and had some difficulties with walking. He was released from the hospital after five days. Before this, he had a fever. His CRP level was also 2.328 and he was taking Atorvastatin, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, Vitamin C tablet, sugar and pressure medicines until now. He has also been given a sleep medicine and a tension-relieving medicine. What should be done now?

#

TIA (transient ischemic attack) for more than 60 minutes in a hypertensive and diabetic patient is a very serious sign that could lead to a stroke.

I suggest you control your blood pressure and blood glucose with medications with regular followup.

I suggest you take Clopidogrel 75 mg once per day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You also need to be familiar with the signs and symptoms of stroke and seek immediate medical advice as some medications need to be given within a few hours.

Please provide me with lab test results you have or a photograph of them in the follow-up query.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am suffering from weakness six years after menopause. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been in menopause for 6 years now. Over three months I have been having bouts of weakness in shoulders, arms and sides of stomach. I feel very weak and strange. I do not feel dizzy. Sometimes it starts with a hot flash. Or else I will stay awake with this terrible feeling and will ...  Read Full »

I have tingling sensation in face and arms. Is it MS?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had miscellaneous tingling sensations in my face and left arm and leg. A couple times right leg but that is very infrequent. I have gone to the doctor and they did brain MRI which was negative. Neuro exam was fine. Carotids were fine too. I am worried about MS. They are not doing...  Read Full »

MRI shows stroke and brain changes. Is it due to untreated sleep apnea?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient underwent extensive routine physical examination including MR/CT imaging and laboratory analysis earlier this month. The MR Brain shows evidence of lacunar stroke and ischemic brain changes. Please advise if these might be connected to untreated obstructive sleep apnea (mor...  Read Full »