Q. What does my chest x-ray reveal?

Dr. Rashi Verma
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 23, 2019

I have undergone chest x-ray. Report says that heart size, lungs vascular marking, soft tissue and bony cage appears normal. My doubt is am I free from TB? What is the outcome of the chest x-ray?

#

I have read your query and gone through the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

If a person has TB (tuberculosis), certain changes appear in the lungs which are detected by x-ray. The commonly seen changes are opacification of airspaces within the lung parenchyma. Any cavity in the lung lesion. Calcification can exist around a cavity and nodule with poorly defined margins.

Pleural effusion - presence of a significant amount of fluid within the lung space. Hilar or mediastinal lymphadenopathy (bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy) - enlargement of lymph nodes in the lungs. Your chest x-ray has been described as normal which means that there is no evidence of any disease according to the x-ray.

|