Q. My dad fell unconscious and we did an echo. What do the reports say?

Hello doctor,

Ten days ago, my dad collapsed on the street. We rushed him to the hospital and made an echo. Also, he was suffering from high blood pressure but, nowadays his blood pressure is low. This was the first time it happened to him after he took Avodart and Tamsulin. His reports read as follows: LA PSL 4.1 cm, aortic root 3.8 cm, LVEDd 6.0 cm, LVESd 4.8 cm, IVSDd 1.2 cm, LVPWd 1.1 cm, FS 19%, EF 39 %, and RV 1.8 %. I wish to know what these heart echo results mean.

#

He probably fell due to low blood pressure induced due to Tamsulosin. However, there are possibilities like heart rhythm abnormalities and rapid heart rate as his heart function is also low.

The echo report indicates that his heart function is low and it is 39 percent. The normal functioning is around 55 to 60 percent. A low function is likely due to coronary artery disease and blockages leading to heart damage.

So, I suggest he have ECG (electrocardiogram), Holter monitoring, and angiography followed by angioplasty if needed.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|