Q. I am taking Glycomet but my sugar levels are still uncontrolled. Please help.

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
Published on Jul 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 09, 2019

My age is 30 years and my weight is around 70 lbs. My fasting sugar is around 180 and PP around 270. I am taking Glycomet GP2 tablets twice a day from last nine months. But sugar level is uncontrolled. Please suggest.

#

The reasons for uncontrolled sugar are several even though you are taking medicine.

1. Sedentary life style.

2. What you eat, if you consume more fat or deep fried item in your diet, it is another reason.

3. Anxiety also plays a major role.

4. Time duration between two meals.

I suggest you to follow the above-mentioned reasons. You also need to decrease your weight that would be helpful in controlling sugar. You also need some laboratory tests like lipids profile, HbA1C, urine for D/R, free T4, TSH.

| 

What is the meaning of anisocytosis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic, and my latest report showed HbA1C as 11, it says hypochromia and anisocytosis of red blood cells. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Can I use Metformin for diabetes prevention and weight loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I read over the internet that tablet Metformin helps decrease the weight and prevents the onset of diabetes. Both my parents are diabetics and I weigh 70 kg. Hence, I want to use Metformin for diabetes prevention and weight loss. Yesterday, I took 500 mg and I do not feel any problem...  Read Full »

Ask a Diabetologist Now