Q. I am taking Glycomet but my sugar levels are still uncontrolled. Please help.

Dr. Qazi Mujahid Ali
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 06, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 09, 2019

My age is 30 years and my weight is around 70 lbs. My fasting sugar is around 180 and PP around 270. I am taking Glycomet GP2 tablets twice a day from last nine months. But sugar level is uncontrolled. Please suggest.

#

The reasons for uncontrolled sugar are several even though you are taking medicine.

1. Sedentary life style.

2. What you eat, if you consume more fat or deep fried item in your diet, it is another reason.

3. Anxiety also plays a major role.

4. Time duration between two meals.

I suggest you to follow the above-mentioned reasons. You also need to decrease your weight that would be helpful in controlling sugar. You also need some laboratory tests like lipids profile, HbA1C, urine for D/R, free T4, TSH.

|