Q. I had unprotected sex. Can HIV testing be a risk for me?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia.

Do you have a question on Unprotected Sex or Hiv? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 28 year old male working in MNC. I am sexually active. Seven months back I had a brief unprotected sex with a CSW and post of which I got scared and did the following tests. Fourth generation test after 7 weeks, 12 weeks, 22 weeks and 25 weeks. All the reports came back negative. I do not do drugs and not even donated blood technically. I have not risked myself with a CSW again. However, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend 7 months back once and five months back twice. She is 100% HIV negative. Having sex with an HIV negative person is it a possible risky exposure during window period? Can it cause seroconversion? As per your expertise, is there anyone who had very late seroconversion? Help me in the details of fourth generation test accuracy. Can HIV testing be a risk for me? I got tested in one of the famous laboratory. I am 99% convinced that I have no issues. However, 1% of my mind asks me to get tested again. What do you advise me? Am I 100% HIV free? Do I need to get tested again? Why are these thoughts bothering me so much? I am very much stressed because of this. Please help.