Q. Unfortunately, precaution broke while having sex. What should I do?

Published on Mar 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2019

I am 26 years old. Yesterday I had sex with my husband, but unfortunately precaution was broken. I do not want to get pregnant. What should I do? Please guide me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• You may take one i-pill tablet, which is an emergency contraceptive.
  • Take it within 72 hours of intercourse and this shall help to prevent pregnancy. You would get a withdrawal bleed in next five to seven days.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I am not sure whether sperm entered vagina or not. In that case too should I take i-pill? Is it safe?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• If there was an unprotected intercourse there are chances that precum may have entered and that also has sperms. So, it is better to take i-pill.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Having spotting after emergency contraceptive pill. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sexually active for the past four months. We initially did not use protection, in order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now. My periods got delayed by a day or two but with no major changes in the cycle. Last month I found spotti...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently. As these pills are of high hormonal content, it can mess up your internal hormonal balance. So, you may have these types of few abnormal bleeding for the following few weeks. Now, the intermenstrual ble...  Read Full

After I-pill, I had a flow but it was not heavy. What is the chance of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I need an urgent help. I was on my fifth day of my periods and I made out with my partner. I had my pants and my panty on and he had his penis out. He ejaculated on my pant, and I saw that some portion of my panty was wet as well. And I felt wet in the skin of the lower portion of abd...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I do not see any reason for you to worry. Let me start by giving few basic facts about the period. Usually, ovulation occurs on the 12th to the 16th day of periods and life of the egg is 24 hours. The life of the sperm is 72 hours. So there is n...  Read Full

An i-pill was taken after an unprotected sex. Can she still get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend who is 30 years old and I ejaculated inside her. The next day she took Unwanted 72 but until now she has not got her periods and not even bleeding. Her period cycle starts after 20 days. She is having cough, cold, body ache, and vomiting. Is she...  Read Full >>

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had the i-pill, the chances of pregnancy are not there in your case. Delayed menses are due to the hormonal imbalance caused by the i-pill. I suggest you get your home urine pregnanc...  Read Full