Q. Why do I have a burning sensation while peeing and vaginal bumps after unprotected sex?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 25, 2021 and last reviewed on: Nov 01, 2021

I had unprotected sex with my partner nine days ago. The next day I took a pill. My periods were due seven days ago, and I did not have periods still. Also, there is a burning sensation while peeing, and also I noticed white bumps on my vaginal lips.

Please assist and give a detailed reply.

When will I have my periods and any remedy for UTI infection?

#

Your period was due a week ago, and you took the pill. But bleeding may delay after the pill, and some people even miss a period.

Urine problems and bumps may be due to the reaction of the pill. I suggest you drink more water and take one teaspoon of baking soda in one glass of water daily or any readily available alkaline mixture.

Your period may come any day, it varies from person to person. The alkaline mixture helps most people. If these measures do not help, you need to do urine culture, sensitivity tests, and general examinations. Treatment will be decided based on the report.

Irregular periods may be due to hormonal problems; you need to do blood tests TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone), prolactin, and pelvis ultrasound to identify the cause.

Otherwise, taking oral contraceptive pills may help to regularize your periods.

Thanks for the reply.

Since after the intercourse, my vagina is dry, and there is no discharge. I can see small white bumps on the vaginal lips. Is there any need to worry about those bumps on the vaginal lips?

Kindly help.

#

The pill contains Progesterone. Dryness of the vagina is the after-effect of Progesterone. It is temporary, and it will resolve when the progesterone effect is over in few days.

|