Q. I have discomfort and difficulty while urinating. What could be causing this?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Hello doctor,

I have had a difficulty urinating since more than five months. I have had UTI in the past. I know this time it is not an infection as I do not have any pain or stinging. I feel my bladder is full and I feel a discomfort as I cannot empty it. I drink enough water. I have had bladder and kidney scans and another sort of scan where they inserted a camera to check the bladder. I also had a bladder scan to see how full my bladder is and despite having drank a lot of water it was not that full.

#

• I think you are suffering from interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, when you visit your urologist, you should talk to him about this possibility.
  • He may advise cystoscopy to rule out other causes.
  • I suggest you take tablet Pentosan polysulfate one tablet twice a day for three months.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|