Bladder Pain Syndrome

My sister suffers a lot due to frequent urination. Is it good to take Cystopen for it?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 20 years old. She has a problem of frequent urination. She has to urinate numerous times. She has undergone cystoscopy and urodynamics test. She has a small and weak bladder with 350 mL capacity. But, the reason behind frequent urination has to be diagnosed still. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh Badaku Desai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I went through your sister's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your sister's uroflow study shows an average flow rate of 13.5 mL per second (normal more than 15 mL per second) and a desire to micturate and bladder capaci...  Read Full »

What could cause pain while urinating and also when bladder is full?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. For the past two months, I have been experiencing pain while urinating and I also have pain when my bladder is full. I had taken a urine test and the test said I had an infection for which I was given antibiotics. The pain has come down, but a mild pain is still p...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usual causes of such symptoms include urinary tract infection (UTI) or urinary stones (renal stones). When routine tests turn out to be normal, a frequency volume diary may be made. Next would be a urine flow test and a sonography for residual urine volume. If these ar...  Read Full »

Will Opiates be helpful in interstitial cystitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with IC over a year ago, and at first, the pain was manageable. Now, my flares have gotten worse, especially during my cycle. I have pelvic pain, back pain, and urethral pain, all of which are five times worse during periods. I have been working with my urogynecologist wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry about your health condition. Interstitial cystitis is a chronic bladder condition that causes recurring bouts of pain and pressure in the bladder and pelvic area, often accompanied by an urgent and frequent need to urinate. There is no exact cause for it...  Read Full »

What can cause the penis to tingle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old sexually active male. I have been with the same girl for the past 10 years and we are loyal in the relationship. I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region. The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burnin...  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Tanwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms do point towards chronic prostatitis. With negative culture and positive pus cells, it is likely that you are suffering from CPPS IIIA, which is non-bacterial inflammatory chronic prostatitis. Now, this is a difficult condition to manage and requires long-...  Read Full »

I have been diagnosed with overactive bladder. Is that right?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a problem with overactive bladder and bladder pain. My doctor prescribed me Lioresal. Is the diagnosis correct and can I try with Lioresal? I am afraid of side effects and full urine retention. This is my last medical report showing on palpation, the prostate was not suspicious. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and would like to know a few more details about your symptoms. 1. Is your predominant complaint that of increased frequency or weak urinary stream? 2. Do you have any discomfort in the region between your scrotum and anal opening? From ...  Read Full »

I have discomfort and difficulty while urinating. What could be causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had a difficulty urinating since more than five months. I have had UTI in the past. I know this time it is not an infection as I do not have any pain or stinging. I feel my bladder is full and I feel a discomfort as I cannot empty it. I drink enough water. I have had bladder and...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you are suffering from interstitial cystitis or bladder pain syndrome. It is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, when you visit your urologist, you should talk to him about this possibility. He may advise cystoscopy to rule out other causes. I suggest you take table...  Read Full »